Non-Flash version

Advice for Parents

  • Consult a mental health practitioner specializing in caring for children if you suspect symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder.
  • Learn about how post-traumatic stress affects children, and about associated problems such as bed-wetting and behavioural problems.
  • Do not discourage your child from talking about the traumatique event or his or her feelings.
  • If your child's symptoms are too difficult for you to handle do not hesitate to ask someone close or a specialist for help with caring for them so that you can find the strength to give them the support they need.

Last updated: 1/1/2010 | © info-trauma 2009